5 & 3/4 QUESTIONS
1. Describe yourself and your work.
We tend to make work that is all over the place. I think we are best known for our graphic, poppy colorful images. However, we love to make darker, more narrative photographs, as well. Both suit us, so we’re just happy being able to make images.
2. How did you get started?
We first started the moment we both picked up a camera and pressed down on the shutter. Then we went to school. Then we worked hard after school. Then we started working for people, places, and things.
3. What piece of work best represents you and why?
This image [the above image of the standing woman] encompasses everything Cody and I love: color, a classic nature, fashion, graphicness, being on location. It was shot on film, all natural light—but it’s still art directed and feels like us to the core.
4. What are you into currently?
Our new studio, LA Ice Cream. The light in the space is utterly delightful. So thankful to be working there right now.
5. Which three things have you learned that young creatives should know?
1. The time is now.
2. Look at a ton of work.
3. Try to emulate your favorite photographers and other artists…you’ll learn something about your own process and your own style.