In this group are other effects for the background:
- Original BG is a toon version of the original background.
- Fragments adds some particles. Use the color overlay layer style to change the color.
- There are four paint splashes that can be moved and scaled using the transform tool to produce different effects. Here, too, you can change the color with the layer style.
- BG Gradient adds a linear gradient. Double-click on the thumbnail to edit the gradient.
- BG Hue/Saturation can be used to quickly modify the color of the whole background.
- Secondary Border is made with a Stroke layer style. Modify the scale and color to make it work with your image.
The layers of this group add some effects on the border around the subject. There are five layers with a ripple effect. Use the color overlay layer style to change their color, or turn off the color overlay to show the original colors of the image.
Usually the base filling layer (Color) can stay untouched. Modify the opacity of Details and Blur to find the right combination, or turn them off to have flat colors. The last two are adjustment layers that can be used to quickly tune the overall color of the toon effect.
The first two layers are the two borders around the subject. Modify the Stroke style to customize them. Notice that these two layers have a particular mask channel that can be turned on and off, inverted, or totally changed.
Then there are three layers with lines that are really easy to edit with the basic methods. The last layer of the group is Shadows. Double-click on its Threshold smart filter to edit the range of the shadows.
TOON DETAILS - REVEAL DETAILS
Reveal Details is a toon layer with a high amount of detail. If your image is a well-focused closeup, it should already have lots of detail, and the information in this layer may be redundant. But if you are working on an image with multiple subjects and it is not a closeup, or if it is not in sharp focus, this layer can be very useful for easily restoring some nice details.
Paint on the canvas with white to reveal important parts of the image—for example, the subject’s eyes or any other element that should be more detailed. You can switch to a black color to re-hide some of the revealed parts. Mute its mask channel to see the whole layer and decide where to paint.
Make sure the mask channel is selected while painting. This layer is a smart object so if you try to paint on it directly, an error message will appear.
The other layers of the group add more details and highlights and are very easy to modify.
This group has some foreground effects that can be edited using the basic methods.
POST FX GROUP
The layers in this group will add the final touches to the image.
The text effect is made with some layer styles that can be fully customized. The layer is a smart object and can be moved, scaled, and rotated around the canvas.